Monday, March 26, 2012

Online movie streaming in U.S. to top DVDs for the first time in 2012

Online movie streaming in U.S. to top DVDs for the first time in 2012

. Online movie streaming in the United States is expected to top both DVD and Blu-ray use for the first time ever in 2012, according to a study from IHS Screen Digest. The study suggests that in 2012, Americans will legally stream 3.4 billion movies online - twice the 1.4 billion streamed in 2011 - while DVD and Blu-ray movies watching this year will to 2.4 billion from 2.6 billion in 2011. Last year, the unlimited-streaming services offered by Netflix and Amazon Prime accounted for 94% of all paid online movie viewing in the U.S.

Boy Genius Report, Online movie streaming in U.S. to top DVDs for the first time in 2012

1 comment:

  1. Some of these are very cool gadgets, but in terms of multimedia, streaming and TV, don't get conned into buying a bunch of new, independent equipment to enjoy it. I have a DISH account, and love that I can get all my content right to my home without buying anything superficial. With my new Blockbuster @ Home movie pack I have access to over 100,000 titles. The variety is amazing, and included are games and TV shows as well as the great library of movies. The best part is I can get the titles by mail, in a BB store or streaming live to my TV or computer. It's a great way to transition from DISC to Streaming, and DISH just added another 6,000 titles to the streaming category. A coworker at DISH let me know about this, and while HIS favorite part is the streaming library, I really like the extra 20 HD movie channels DISH added for me! It's a fantastic movie package on all fronts.

    ReplyDelete